Monday, April 12, 2010

The Fake from Real

Of all the ways in which people can fool me, the 2nd easiest way is with precious stones. I love buying precious stones/stone jewellery for the ladies in my family ..... sadly, I never know if I'm being taken for a ride. Really need to learn the art of differentiating the real from fake (philosophically speaking, probably need it in life too !!!!) ... Our family jeweller tried to teach me how to differentiate set diamond jewellery from zircone / american diamond jewellery .. but wouldn't trust myself to do an evaluation by myself.

Bought a string of coral and turquiose beads for the most needed lady in my life. Will know if I was being royally cheated in a few months time !


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continuing with the convi...
Wow! Must be something in the water or the planetary positions; take your pick!
Yes, this was a very special time for me too. More than I thought possible.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 Anony:

I'd go for water .. :)
Dont wanna start looking at astrological solutions !

Anonymous said...

Then water it is.....or perhaps the air!!!
:)
How u doin now?

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 Anony:

Hmm ... tough qn !
and u ?

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean....was just about bearing up last night; took a bad tumble this afternoon ( can't tell you the number of times I dialled his number and disconnected before the call went through!)
Now back on level ground.....music is a great distraction!
Talk about a roller coaster ride!

starry said...

hopefully it is not fake.Love the bracelet.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 Anony :

Dont do that .... you never know when ur no. comes up on his mob ... so, dont !
I try to convince myself that then next time i call, things will be fine .. and i keep telling myself i'll call after i finish this, that etc etc ... and that way,not call

2 Starry :
I hope so too .... Would really feel awful if it were fake ... oh .. the bracelet is something i copied from the net ... but mine is just a string of red coral beads

Jeseem said...

this is so gud..
u can buy a really cheap stone and think it is a gem.
so frugal.
wish everyone had ur skills :P

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 Jeseem:

Boss .... dont push your luck too much, alright ???

Glennis said...

The turquoise looks real enough, hard to know with the coral. But its the thought that is supposed to count, whether it is fake or real you gave a good gift, from the heart.

Anonymous said...

upload ur red coral beads

Anonymous said...

happy vishu to you

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 Anony :

Same 2 u :)

and abt red coral beads ... sorry , no snaps as yet !