Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yesterday once more !!

Yesterday was a decently good day

spent the time at office hurriedly gathering pieces of code from various folders and putting them all together .... something I was supposed to do weeks ago , but was too lazy too .... struggled through a hopeless Excel sheet to get all the links together .... coz today was THE DAY ...... my turn at our project's presentation ....

By evening , I was exhausted and beat a hasty retreat back home .....

Was guzzling a mug (?? ) of tea and mom's ' Dahi vada '... when i heard my gate clang ..... It was my hindi teacher ( from school ) and her husband ...... shot like a rocket ... cleaned up the sitting room .. switched off the " Kambakth Ishq " and changed into a presentable outfit .... Had a great time w/ them ....

Then , played with the kid downstairs for about quarter of an hour.

And .... painted my nails an awful mix of violet and red .... colours called " Purple Passion " and " Cherry Red "

Then , for once , decided to lend a hand in the household stuff .... decided to clean the toilet .... Did so .... but used the wrong brush .... Heard enough from mom for about 30 min .....

Had a couple of old friends calling me at 0:00 hrs .... mercidully for my parents , i decided to take the call in my room .... sometime in the middle of the call , heard a yell : " For heaven's sake , Stop making so much noise ". That put a stop to joking over the phone and started a serious discussion on who is going out with who .... and etc.

Today ...... started again w/ the excel sheet.

The presentation was completed half an hour ago. .... Not completed really , coz we still have " Deepa's Presentation Part-2 " to finish .....
And my head is going to explode ... sitting for 1.5 hrs in the conference hall staring at the screen .....

Hopefully , today too the vadas will be waiting at home .... Mom ................. keep the tea hot !!!!!!



20 comments:

Arz000n said...

Am I first??

Arz000n said...

but used the wrong brush ....
I did that yestesrday eve too....but afta I moved to ma new apt with ma 2 roomies. Now Im wondering whther to throw it away...or use it...heheeh

my head is going to explode ... sitting for 1.5 hrs in the conference hall staring at screen .....
I used to hate presentations initially..
Literally I used to get headaches...now its part of the job...its makes you feel superior and gives you an oppurtunity to fool the guy (read client) for whom you are delivering it.

I can be devil at times :P

Okie...Deepa, you have 2 options now
1- either you'll sing a song for me in hindi this weekend (you missed that on Sunday night..rememeber...grrr)
2- or you sharing those wada and tea with me, right now...

:)

Harashita R. R. Bajaj said...

nice...
well u r tagged...just 20 things bout urself

Keshi said...

awww good luck girl...dun stress too much dear...take it real easy :)


Keshi.

kickassso said...

decided to clean the toilet .... Did so .... but used the wrong brush

He he ! I hope you didn't use a TOOTHBRUSH!!!!!!!

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 arZ000n : yeah ... u r !!!!

and i sent u the vadas ... didnt u get them ?????

new apt ... y ???

2 harashita : 20 things abt myself ???????

2 keshi : thanx madam

2 kickassso : Thatz an option .. shall try it next time

Art said...

this was a gr8 update.... liked the way u have written things :)

Arz000n said...

No I didnt get it...
And I dont want them 1 day late...basi hoga..

so you betta sing a song lady....no excuses what so eva accepted

:-w <- angry icon :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 art : Thanx dear ....

2 z000nie : but i did send them ...... bad z000nie .. u need to b quick n nimble ....

r u so damn sure u want me to sing ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

uknowhwo! said...

blogging from office?? hmmm...no other work or what...i think i need to call up someone there and ask them to give you more work! are u still in the same group?

Arz000n said...

I think so..

That to a HINDI song..

You cant escape this lady :)

Arz000n said...

Register for flickr.....
You can use YAHOO ID in there...

and its much easier to use tooo..

RP said...

Deepa,

Cleaning house? wut hppnd? :-)
Good Post. As always. Looks like bloggin really gets u geared up for your presentation?

Cheers
RP.

Invincible said...

procrastination is a golden word, for all IT-ites.

despite the hectic day, u managed to clean sitting room n paint ur nails n u still had enthu n energy to clean toilet, no wonder u messed up.

i misss my mom's cooking my fav dishes :((
but i had my days during diwali n weekend isnt that far :).

" started a serious discussion on who is going out with who .... and etc. "
- haha

manjari said...

good luck for ur presentation deepa

Vivhyd said...

oh deepa.. dahi vadas.... how much I miss them.. hmm well gud luck with ur presentations.. well when its our turn.. arent we very busy the previous eve and wanna just go home once done.. lot of relief it is.. always nice to catch up school teachers.. :)

tcr_79 said...

Well the good thing for you is you have your mom's tea and dahi vadas...

And the realization that some simple things which were a GIVEN in life are SO important comes when you have to do away with it

So next time you are sipping the hot tea and dahi vadas - think of poor folks who have been deprived of it..

And I hate presentations - fall asleep everytime and mentally switch off

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 arZ000n : grrrrrrrrr !!!!! i wanna upload from my PC .... my prob is that i del images regularly ... so , if i del from flickr , it goes off from my blog too .. right ????

2 rp : Thanx rp

2 vinci : mom's ccoking ... hmm .... how often do we realise its value ???
where r u from ?

2 manjari : Welcome ..... and thank you.

2 Vivhyd Hey .... long time .... esp school teachers who r actually ur family friends :)

2 tcr_79 These days , i shetch during ( other people's ) presentations

Rashmi said...

That was a good one Deepa! Enjoy the hot tea and the vadas... Brought back memories of days I used to live with my mom...there was always something tasty as hell waiting for me to munch on when I got home!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Joe montana football pc how to play bingo Ma gao agent patents Fico scores unmasked bikinis screens savers sexy screen savers Anal genital wart A610 camera canon digital power shot