Monday, November 07, 2005

Vanishing Seats !!!

Life in a IT world is pretty weird and highly unstable. Forget living outta suitcases and all , even your chair ( literally ) and ur cubicle are not your own

I finished a project and went for a 4 day vacation ... when i get back , what do i see ? My PC has vanished !!! And my tweety is lost !!!
And what a change ... my Hum Tum posters were all removed .... my sketches on the white board all erased ....
And a clean desk was staring at me ... as was a spotless white board .....
Frantically , i searched my cabinet to find all my papers intact ... Thankfully !!!

The admin was on leave .... had no clue where to find my PC .... not that i have a great affection for it , but at least , it was my companion for abt 12 hrs a day ... tho I cursed it and it tormented me

Finally , I got hold of the office boy and pleaded with him for my missing PC's where abouts.

And I located my PC in a totally different section w/ a new set of cabin mates ... but here let me say ... they are crazier than me .... there are wires all around .. my current cabin mates are absolute music freaks .... and one of them is a animation freak as well ....

So here I am ... with more tweetys and Dennis the menace sketches ....
And a bottle of water always at hand ... Who knows whatz gonna hit me !!!!!


P.S : Therez one more thing that could happen .... ur PC gets bequeathed to someone else in ur absence ... Thatz another story altogether !

16 comments:

Renjith said...

why do i geta feeling that u r a subdued writer...like as if u r not freely expressing urself

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 Renjith : Thatz coz i am writing as me ... and i completely express myself only on my personal diary ..... a lotta things i feel and think is in my head which i wanna keep to myself , i guess :)

Nagu said...

only 12 hrs with ur PC..needs to improve yaar

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 nagu : 12 hrs is way too much 4 me ... have so many other interests to take care of ... 24 hrs a day is too short for me

RP said...

ha ha ha.... Nice post. Was wondering wut wud have happened to me if in your place. Guess, wud have 'freaked' out.

Invincible said...

So ur work location changed?

i wd wish, take away my PC n dont give me any :D :D
All i need is my pay cheque on 30th of the month, thts it :))

You know wot, in ur absence, the first thing that relocates itself, is the 'chair'. It was true in 100% of the occasions i'd been on vacation. someone wud invariably flick your chair n even the office boys wud move it while cleaning n u wud be presented with some lame n dwarf one for which u'd have to do all the adjustments again !!

Sujit said...

Its a real surprise not to see your PC from its place!!... And more that to loose all the stuff we like in the den during the stay of office hours. But good you got back something before someone could erase all the stuff or the hard disk fails!!!.. Which we face very often!!...

Binu "the mallu" Ninan said...

heya...
thanks for being a loyal reader to my blog :o)
and yeah.. im glad u liked my outfit ;o)

Quz Boss said...

LOL, my computer tormentz me wheneva it wantz to! But hey, I'm on it most of da time anywayz. Hope u get it back, but datz kinda weird 4 it to jus dissapear... Good luck ;-) PEACE

tcr_79 said...

Ur computer was not there - you should have taken the day off and enjoyed :)

Wish that happens to me... though hree i take the comp home with me after work

Keshi said...

lol v000nie @pay cheque...

Deepa that's certainly not a pleasant thing to encounter...especially after a break...I cant u'stand why they did that??

Keshi.

Praveen said...

i wonder why you didnt take a holiday since you didnt find your pc :. i agree with you, life in IT world is unstable

Arz000n said...

Oh yeah...
It happend to me too few days back...
When I returned from ma 3 day vac...BOOM!!

Where is ma PC? Where are those sketches?

Grrrrr...

But remember....IT HAPPENS ONLY IN IT :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 rp : Hi ! Welcome !!

2 vinci : lame dwarf ... right-o !! not to mention dirty, old n crabby !!!

2 sujit : i agree !! what if i had lost all my *secret* stuff ????

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 binu : u r welcome ..


2 Quz Boss : Thanx .... oh ! u'd b surprised at the things that happen !!!

2 tcr_79 : well ... itz not that simple ..... i'd still have to nose around the next day

2 keshi : madam ... the whole prob is due to space constraints ....

2 praveen : arre yaar ... i'd hafta come back for my pc the next day neway !!!

2 Z000nie : is that y u were so late ????

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »