Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Looking for God

My mind seeks a soothing balm
For it knows not a sesemblance of calm
The winds of  fear and despair blow too hard
And  the mind knows it is breaking into many shards 

My heart seeks a soothing balm 
It knows the mind is not calm 
Fraught with fears of the future
It tries hard to find a source of  nurture. 

"Why thee fear ?" asks the brain
"When the great God will take care of your pain"
"Fear is a killer" replies the mind
"And even God may be too hard to find"

"Fear numbs you, fear eats into your soul
Once started, it is on a roll
It leaves you incapable of doing what you know is right
And makes you give up everything without a fight"

"Have thee some faith"
The wise brain does sayeth
"When the going gets tough
Let God work magic on the rough"

"Weeping is a thing of the past
This time, make faith and hope last
God is with you, you are not alone
As many a desperate man has learnt and known.

You may feel suffocated
Weary, tired and subjugated
But God will come and take care of you
With patience you will see this is true" 

The wise brain's words does bringeth some relief
And keeps bay the growing grief
The heart now looks for God
As only God can extend the saving rod. 





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas

Sorcerer said...

Got to fight another fight - I gotta run another night
Get it out - check it out
I'm on my way and I don't feel right
I gotta get me back - I can't be beat and that's a fact
It's OK - I'll find a way
You ain't gonna take me down no way
Don't judge a thing until you know what's inside it
Dont' push me - I'll fight it
Never gonna give in - never gonna give it up no
If you can't catch a wave then your'e never gonna ride
You can't come uninvited
Never gonna give in - never gonna give up no
You can't take me I'm free

Why did it all go wrong? - I wanna know what's going on
And what's this holding me?
I'm not where I supposed to be
I gotta fight another fight
I gotta fight will all my might
I'm getting out , so check it out
Ya, you're in my way
So you better watch out"

Thats the Spirit.

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how it feels but the one thing I have realized is, no matter how scary the storm is and as ravaged as it makes you feel, keep your gaze fixed on God, coz He's got His eyes fixed on you....He won't let go and neither should you.

May peace be yours soon...

S

up↑take said...

maybe time for another Deepa-Sorcerer bout
I hope all's well with you folks

Bikramjit said...

hmmm well I guess God has his own reasons .. to be found or not to be found


Bikram's

Jack said...

Deepa,

One should always put in best efforts and accept the results, whatever it be, as will of God. Hope and Faith are what help one get over rough patch. Very well told.

Take care