Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Purpose behind things

There is something that has been bothering me lately, and have been trying to find answers.

A lot of people (me included) believe blindly in God, and assume that whatever happens is God's wish. But there are a lot of people who also believe that their life is the way it is because of the choices they make.

Well, in all my life, I've never ever repented anything I've done, simply because it was probably my nature. But now, I feel I regret certain decisions I've made, and though most people say that the events in my life right now are a result of me earlier decisions, I hesitate to accept that.

I am not really sure if I am inactive because by default I lack the courage, or if I am waiting for God to show me a path .. I do know for sure it is not laziness.

At times, I feel I have no control over the events unfolding. But I stay calm because I believe God has a purpose behind all this.
And is this my duty ? It is not that I'm doing something I enjoy or want to do. But is what I'm doing now God's will ? Is it God's path as a stepping stone for me ? Or is it just a sign of my complacence ?

I am thoroughly confused. I need to get some answers soon !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

god is always with u !!!! just folow the path

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

WHICH PATH ?

hope and love said...

god will guide you.. lead u.. trust in him and do your best wherever you r..
i feel peaceful when i think like that..

Jeseem said...

when you dunno which path to take.. its time to take a break from journey and relax urself in the nearest cafe.
In short take a break .. from this planning path of life..and enjoy your time.
Things will fall in place as they always eventually do

Regarding asking God.. well he is so busy having to cater to ever increasing no. of devotees.. and u know how the human population is growing..
he will come to you eventually.. in meantime.. relax.. enjoy ur break.. and when u feel like take a small walk down a path of life.
hmm I feel like I wrote too much.. and can almost see your yawn..

blueapple said...

hey,
creative!liked it :)

Vivek said...

Hey Deepa,

Thanks for dropping by on my blog. Been ages since I blogged and it felt great to read your comment there.

About things falling into place according to reason or destiny, don't you think it is naive to believe that there is a reason behind all and everything and yet remain blissfully unaware of it? Or is reason so esoteric that all we can do is to blindly believe in it?