Friday, April 23, 2010

Homage

My ex-boss passed away.

I haven't been in touch with him ever since I left working for him. But his death affected me. Not only because of the person who passed away, but also because of the way he passed away.

He and my family knew each other ... A lot of incidents, and our families knew each other, though not very well. I knew him better after joining his company.

When he died, he was alone with his younger daughter. He had a cardiac arrest, the daughter called the company HR, but he died en-route to the hospital.

What terrified me was that situation. Inspite of his daughter and friends being there, he couldn't be saved. A friend called me at 1 a.m. to give me the news. I couldn't sleep for a few hours. My thoughts kept returning to the girl and her shock. It reminded me yet again how fragile and unpredictable life is. And how much we owe our elders.

And it also reminded me how all our misunderstandings and irritations are so tiny when compared to the life of the person we harbour grudges against.


R.I.P

11 comments:

starry said...

I am so sorry to hear about your ex boss.Life is fragile.sometimes I also think of how unimportant the smaller things in life that we complain about are.

starry said...

I am so sorry to hear about your ex boss.Life is fragile.sometimes I also think of how unimportant the smaller things in life that we complain about are.

Anonymous said...

My sympathies for your loss.
It is only when we lose someone do we realize their value and importance in our lives, isn't it? Tragic.
ABH

Sorcerer said...

Sorry to hear about the tragic incident.

Yeah you are right, its a very emotional moment and I can relate to it.

कुश said...

life teaches lesson by every incident..

indianhomemaker said...

I am sorry to hear about your ex boss.
It must have been a shock for the daughter... :(

I agree all other problems feel so tiny compared to a life lost!
Take care.

kanaguonline said...

really true deepa... and sad too :( :(

my sympathies to you and his daughter... hope she comes out of his loss soon...

wanderlust said...

My condolences!
Life is so unpredictable

Anonymous said...

let his soul RIP. which ex boss( hyd/ blr)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

2 all :

Read all the comments .... couldn't reply to any due to time constraints, and have no reply too !

2 last anony : neither of the 2 !

2 ABH : Yes very ! How r u ?

Trueman said...

Deepa, Thanks for your visit to the wonders of Pakistan website. I also appreciate your lovely message that you put in comments box on our post "Go! Kiss the World! by Subroto Bagchi http://wondersofpakistan.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/go-kiss-the-world/.

I have read the post you have put up on your blog site; I mean the one on nightmares etc. Interestingly a few days back I received some very good info on this subject from my blogger friend Zaheeruddin Jeddy [http://zjeddy.wordpress.com/]. I wish to forward this info to you [and may be it could help] but throughout your blog, I could not see your email ID. If you may so wish, you may send me your email ID and I will forward the mail from to you.

Nayyar Hashmey
http://wondersofpakistan.wordpress.com/