Friday, July 29, 2005

D a r k D a y



Read Marilyn Monroe's biography last week ..... So, obviously that was on my mind.

Today seems to be one of those dark, stark days when everything seems to be going wrong ..... There is a feeling of generally not being understand ... not that it matters much ... but the misunderstanding is hard to bear , coz you can never prove that what you heard is what the other person said ... and when dealing with outsiders, it gets actually nasty ....

There are a few people you ecpect would always understand you - not because they are entitled to , but only because thatz what has brought them close to you .... And , when they too react rudely , it pains a lot ...

Coming back to Ms Monroe .... as my dark and stark day was progressing , all of a sudden , I felt like her ... no ..not in terms of looks .... but the mind ....
All Ms Monroe wanted in life was love and understanding , but all she got was people manipulating her ... and the only one who truly loved her - Joe DiMaggio - and was her support lost her ....

I felt just like her - I felt like an entertainer , or rather an entertainer with a pretty face .... I let people comment all they want [ but within a certain limit .... and when they cross that , I just avoid them after giving them a piece of my mind ], and hear their awful jokes till a certain limit ....

And the few people I really wish would understand me are unreachable ......

Anyway ,all this prompted me to stay away from people as such ... And when hunger struck, made my way to a cafe and gulped a glass of mango juice .... but that was a relief ... It was a relief to go alone, and analyze my feelings ........

16 comments:

Jithu said...

try to adjust when ppl make fun.. and if possible, fight back with vengeance :-) coz if u keep away, its not gonna change anything :-)

Vivhyd said...

by experience.. me stating.. its alrite to be an entertainer.. but line has to be drawn where in u need to realise tht its time u be entertained.. then comes the part of getting back at others .. don't back down.. never

Vivhyd said...

oh I didn't realise it was at work.. ya then u are bound to be in a situation when u need to take it.. and hope ur situation is reversed.. I understand..

Vivhyd said...

yup.. hopefully things will go well 4 u.. me wishing..

template.. colors are different.. but ya rest the same.. nice color thgh urs.. abt mine.. I am always singing " I got the blues.. I got the blues I guess" // haha

Vivhyd said...

hey I read the "Obnoxious Men" post.. it was really funny.. and true I guess.. am u r being modest thts really nice ...

well thgh I am not in the same league as some of the guys u mentioned .. I understand wht u r speaking..

it was funny thgh...

Invincible said...

"And the few people I really wish would understand me are unreachable ......"
Wudnt it be an ideal world if someone who understands u fully is right next to you, all your life. isnt it tooo much to expect.

Everyone in the world is entertainer, audience, salesperson, customer at some pt of time. Instead of feeling sorry @ it, one should learn to enjoy all the diff faces life has. Every role is full of fun and best part is u can swap roles quickly too. Nothing to be vindictive about.

More often thn not, we think one who always nods us, laughs on our jokes, offers shoulder to cry,etc is the one who understands us. But isnt that too monotonous? or too predictable?

(i think i m getting monotonous now.. so period)

kd said...

I dont know how right this is going to sound here.. but this is an unfair world. And maybe the imperfection is the reason why it is so beautiful.

So for a moment try not wanting to be understood? the picture will be clearer.

Invincible said...

So no DarkDays .. Cheerz !!

Roshan said...

Marilyn Monroe was murdered on orders of the Kennedy family. She was really a true beautiful goddess.

>|' ; '| said...

ha...i go into a 3rd person mode in such situations. i see myself as an entity separate from myself. i know that is redundant and makes no sense, but strangely that does occur time to time, without any significant cause.

vijyan said...

learning is important any how dontbe that much introspective. inscenarios like this we tend to find theories and supporting evidences, which maynot be always true.love yourself more and more and get out the blues

silverine said...

Been there, done that :)
My strategy? I.G.N.O.R.E. When you show that things dont get to you, the party is over for people who were having fun observing your reactions.

Invincible said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kickassso said...

IMO you shouldnt be too hasty in condemning people because they dont understand you. Once one of my friends was going through a rather dark phase.I tried to cheer him up by trying to make light of the situation. he was rather taken aback and offended. I was surprised . it was only later that i fully understood the reasons for his gloom which were several orders of magnitude greater than i could have ever fathomed.If they are rude, maybe they are or maybe it was your mood prejudicing you. but if you feel that they dont understand, please dont get angry at them.

. : A : . said...

Sometimes, being alone is a relief too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. trail appliances jogging mom wholesale tires vermont new hamphire free live web cams of hard core sex