I met Vaibhav ..... this is an understatement. We had a talk that spanned more than 2 hours.
Let me start from the beginning. I called him as soon as I reached Mumbai , which was somewhere around 6:15 pm. I told him I'd call him back later ... but couldn't make it.
Called him a couple of times the next day. I asked him to come to where I was put up , coz it was my first time at Mumbai. He gave me a lot of lame excuses , all revolving around the fact that he'd have to trek to get to where I was put up. Ironically, it turned out that I had to trek (sorry walk) for 30 min to get to the point where I agreed to wait for him.
Vaibhav had no clue as to what I look like. I gave him directions on how to spot me. I knew what Vaibhav looks like in 1-D .. but in 3-D ??!! anways , to cut a story short , we recognised each other and said "Hello"
I asked him a question (he has put it up on his blog), and I was totally unprepared for his answer. We walked in silence for sometime. , and then started talking. Rather, i did the talking , and he did the replying / listening.
We walked in a mall , near a fountain (where we hoped to catch the water spray , but didnt really ), and on the road. We questioned , we talked.
And , I prohibited his taking my snaps.
By the way ,we talked about a lot of bloggers. And we did discuss Sudeep and A/B . And somehow , we were happy that we got to know you both.
We ate .. had dinner rather , and he dropped me back.
Now , he says he learnt about Signal Processing . I learnt a few thing too. One was the word "Pakaao"
10 things about Vaibhav :
- He is extremely tall
- He is extremely quiet .. I did most of the talking
- It it nice walking with him
- He knows Pizza Hut and its mannerisms well
- He can ask a lot of thought provoking questions
- He paid my bill ...... Cant forgive him for this one. The reason he gave is when he comes down to my city , I'd obviously treat him. Obviously ! but the chances of his coming down are minute.
- He doesn't really ogle at girls
- He likes kids and babies
- He has a great looking mobile
- He gets to work after 10:30
I really enjoyed meeting Vaibhav, though I am not very sure if he feels the same way ! Thanks for coming, Vaibhav