Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The WALL of Anonymity



I write a blog called ' Writing Love ' .... people know me as
~*. D E E P A .*~ .... but , I often wonder if anyone has the least idea as to what I am .... Of course , a few people like Amit or Shrutz know me personally , but to all others , I am just a name

And for me too , Invincible is just Invincible, Poison is Poison ... but they happen to be the most regular ones on my blog, and me on theirs .... and is this what is called belonging ??

Would I ever recognise them if they were to appear in front of me .... and vice versa .... who knows ? they could actually be my cabin mates !!!!

It is all very strange [ but not so strange , anymore ... i guess ] .... we makes friends on the net , thru blogs etc. and these people seem to be our only link with other humans ...... I visit their blogs every other day , but it has been a month since I called up or met my neighbour !!!!

But , I am never able to say all the things I want on the blog coz I know somewhere, someone is sure to recognise me by my style of writing and my thoughts ....

Met the above mentioned Amit today ... he looks very good these days ....

But , i like this anonymity ...... I am unknown as a person , but known only by my posts ....

7 comments:

nin said...

True ....blogging is too addictive u know...

Sudeep said...

Tht is true.. I don't know most of my blog-reviewers

>|' ; '| said...

thats one of the allures that the blog holds over other media.

Invincible said...

anonymity is a choice. Even famous authors use nicks.

Isnt it difficult to interact wth so many ppl in real life. Virtual world is so easy for tht :)

Not just blogging, people connect thru chatting.. which is even more interactive. You get to know lot of things @ each other.
But still ppl prefer 'privacy'.
Anonymity is sometimes this privacy.
This is y some ppl prefer virtual world.

Knowing each other isnt just knowing d face of each other. And words can b deceiving too. It's difficult to judge ppl by their blogs but still one likes some bloggers, their ideas, their way of expression. We r all nebors, some next door, some on next floors may be.

Blogger meets r organized sumtimes, 2 mingle with each other. It must b real fun to see the smiling faces behind the psuedonyms. Recently 1 was in chennai (donno @ others). Then there r VBMs too.

It just gives u choice, to decide when to step on which rung.

Jithu said...

anonymity somehow brings in freedom of expression, i feel...

Invincible said...

loner? :)
luv of anonimity .. yes !! me 2.
3rd person view .. interesting.

on lighter vein, those who want to know who is invincible can always use my mail/YM id from my profile :)

kickassso said...

I tend to agree with Jithu..Anonymity does give one much more freedom.But i have learnt to use it with restraint.Once i went for this personality development camp when I was in 9 th..we got broken up into groups of two each. and were asked to get to know each other. my partner happened to be a girl i didnt recognize.Happily i blurted out a lot of stuff I never would have told anyone I knew......
Then I found out tht she was in my school...IN MY STANDARD!!!!!!!!!!
This was an unfortunate fallout of me not recognizing girls as a human spcies until then.But from then on I learnt better:D