Monday, July 18, 2005

TECHNO - Wise

hail technology ...... ( ??? )

I have always wondered why it is that tho i am in the close precincts of technology , i refuse to have it invade my personal life ... like for eg, not having a mobile etc etc .....

And during school / college days, i never imagined that the people i met everyday and spent all my waking hours would one day just move on ..... I mean ,people i had spent some 14 years with now suddenly seem like strangers .... School friends still kept in touch during college days , but now their lives though on similar tracks seem very different .....

One recent episode was when a old school friend called me up from A.P. ..... In school , we shared so many life episodes ... now when he spoke about the people in his life , it hardly made sense to me as I havent seen any of them , and feels very awkward to cling on the old memories ....

' WHO MOVED MY CHEESE ' is one great piece of writing ...... makes a lotta sense in our lives ....
Well, i dont mean to sound sad and all here but was just wondering ....

Take for eg. SUDOKU .... this is one game i really enjoy , but hate playing it on the net ... the true enjoyment comes when i settle down on the couch with tea and biscuits and a sudoku puzzle page .....

Even letters ... they have a greater charm than just emailing ... the smell of paper ... the flowing ink ...........

Books .... which e-book can beat an old Wodehouse with the smell of paper still intact and being able to twist urself into all sorts positions thanks to the laughter generated by the book ?
Talking about Wodehouse .... picked up a copy of " Uncle Fred in the Springtime " from the British library .... great book !!! more in my next post ....

Talking about posts, found yet another advantage of blogging - " re-found " (???? ) Amit ....

But if it werent for technology , I wouldn't have found so many friends I found during my lonely hours with the computer , and wouldn't have been able to keep in touch with my best friend who lives across 7 seas !!!


5 comments:

>|' ; '| said...

technology makes us evolve.
i am more comfortable with e books now. one just needs to get used to it. adaptability is the key to the survival, i believe. and btw wodehouse rocks, on paper or on a CRT!

kickassso said...

Finally someone else who doesent have a Psellphone and is proud about it...>:D<

kickassso said...

yeah and technology is nice ...especially when it can get you a bestseller for free the day after its release:D

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

I have made a Web site about stanford 10 achievement test.

I hope you check it out.

http://moti4u.com

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »